24 June 2017 – Age Pension paper claim forms are still available

The Department of Human Services still offers paper claim forms for the Age Pension. People can download the form themselves from our website or staff can print it off in a service centre.

Paper claim forms for the Age Pension are still being received and processed, and currently the majority of the claims the department is reviewing are paper claims.

We offer people the opportunity to claim online, meaning they can claim at a time and place that suits them. This option is intended for people who prefer using online channels for everyday business, like their banking, and third parties such as accountants or financial planners.

If this option is not suitable, we will undertake an assisted claim process, where a staff member takes a claimant step-by-step through the process, helping them to answer the questions. This can be done in a service centre or over the phone. This would be offered in the first instance, but paper claim forms are still available for those who need it.

Age Pension recipients who need to update their information can still do this by writing to the department, visiting a service centre, or using online self-service.