Coronavirus has impacted families in unexpected ways, with many relationships under stress.
In the latest Coronavirus Conversations podcast, Hank Jongen speaks with Services Australia Social Worker Andrea about how COVID-19 has impacted families.
“Andrea works every day with people dealing with relationship stresses and sometimes family and domestic violence,” Hank said.
“It was really helpful to get her compassionate and professional advice for people in this terrible situation.”
In the episode, ‘Coronavirus conversations – Families under pressure’, Hank, Andrea and Justin Bott from the Financial Information Service discuss the financial and emotional stresses families could be under at the moment. They also discuss support and services that can help.
In the episode ‘Coronavirus conversations – Family and domestic violence,’ Hank and Andrea focus on family and domestic violence and what support is available.
If listening to this episode brings up issues for you, please contact Services Australia and ask to speak to one of our highly trained and professional Social Workers like Andrea.
You can listen to both episodes wherever you get your podcasts, and our Sound Cloud channel below.
- Find out about the payments, services and referrals we offer if you’re experiencing family and domestic violence.
- You can use our Payment and Service Finder to find local support services. This includes housing and legal services, and services for separated parents.
- 1800RESPECT is the national family and domestic violence counselling service. You can contact them for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 737 732 or go to 1800RESPECT.org.au
- MensLine Australia is the national telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns. You can contact them for help on 1300 789 978 or go to mensline.org.au
- Our Family and Domestic Violence Strategy 2020-23 is available on our website