The Australian Government Mobile Service Centre ‘Golden Wattle’ will give people in the New England Region easy access to essential government payments and services in February.
The Mobile Service Centre will visit Guyra, Uralla, Walcha, and Quirindi in coming weeks, and offer Centrelink and Medicare payments and services, Child Support information and hearing health checks.
Mobile Service Centre Manager Barbara Tait said the Mobile Service Centre is a travelling outreach service that shortens the distance between rural and regional communities and government services.
“It’s a purpose-built service centre on wheels – equipped with the same technology as any Centrelink or Medicare Service Centre across the country,” Ms Tait said.
“On board we offer a wide range of information and services, tailored to meet the needs of each community. The centre is staffed by experienced officers who are specialists in rural servicing and provide friendly face-to-face services.
“Last time we were in the region, a new parent attended to find out how to claim Dad and Partner Pay, and registered for self-service and the Medicare Safety Net at the same time.
“Come along and visit us when we’re in town. Our staff can help you with:
- new claims for a wide range of Centrelink payments
- updating customer information
- confirming customer documents and supporting information
- information on how financial matters may impact on Centrelink payments
- payment and service options to suit individual circumstances
- rural payment entitlements for eligible farmers
- non-cash Medicare transactions
- Medicare registrations
- information on Child Support payment and service options
- specialist support and referrals
- support with and access to self service facilities
- free hearing health checks.”
For itineraries and more information visit humanservices.gov.au/mobileoffice or call 132 316.
Keep up to date with the latest payments and services information by ‘liking’ the Department of Human Services Facebook account or following @HumanServicesAU on Twitter.